Carbon County's Broadband Study is underway. Your input will assist the County's development of a plan to improve Internet connectivity throughout Carbon County.
Additionally, the study proposal can be viewed on the County's website at:
In anticipation of your contribution to this project, thank you.
P.s. Questions about the survey can be emailed to or call (570) 325-3611.

Welcome to the Official Website for Carbon County, PA

SealColorOfficial.jpgThe Carbon County Commissioners have provided funding and approval for this site as a public service to the residents of Carbon County as well as a gateway for the rest of the world to learn more about Carbon County. The site is maintained through the Carbon County Information Technology group. It is our hope that this site will provide another method for obtaining information about Carbon County government.

Each of the Offices has provided a short description of their duties and responsibilities. There are telephone numbers to contact the Offices, e-mail addresses where applicable, hours of operation, fees, deadlines and dates.

As with any internet site, is a work in progress. There will be periodic changes, additions, and deletions. This site will provide a starting point for answers to questions that many residents of the county have, from "How do I calculate my real estate taxes?" to "How much does it cost to rent a campsite at Mauch Chunk Lake Park?". Carbon County hopes you will bookmark this site and visit it often. The site is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Right to Know Act

Carbon County is enthusiastically committed to Pennsylvania's Right to Know Act.

To submit an Open Records request, please download a copy of the Right To Know request form (PDF document) (MS WORD document).  After completing the form, you may either:


  • Fax the form to (570)325-3622
  • Email the form to Email subject must contain the words, "Open Records Request"
  • Mail the form to:
    Commissioners' Office
    PO Box 129
    Jim Thorpe, PA 18229

    All Open Records requests should be submitted to: Jennifer Boger, Open Records Officer.

or Lisa O'Donnell, Alternate Open Records Officer



Open Records
  • Pennsylvania State Office of Open Records

Government Resources




U.S. Passports

Need a passport? Need to know if you need one?