The Carbon County Emergency Management Agency is located in the Emergency Services Building at 1264 Emergency Lane in Nesquehoning, Pennsylvania. It is headed by Mark Nalesnik, Coordinator. Primary functions are:
- Planning, mitigation, response and recovery efforts.
- Training of emergency responders to handle natural and man-made incidents.
- Supervision of 23 local volunteer emergency management groups in municipality in the County.
- Cooperate with Local Emergency Planning Committee, work with local government and industry regarding hazardous materials.
- Work with other local agencies, schools, hospitals, and others to further the safety concerns of all residents of Carbon County.